Father’s Day is Sunday, June 16. Tell your dad how much you appreciate him with this FREE printable Father’s Day card by Dress My Cupcake! Simply click here to download the file, print on 8.5″x11″ card stock, cut, fold & give it to the special father in your life! If you can’t print it at home, take the PDF file to your local print shop and follow the instructions on the printed file.
This card is perfect to show your mom (or moms) how great they are! Simply download this free printable card, print it out and follow the directions given. Write out your thoughtful message inside of the card and give it to your mom. If you are unable to print the card, take it to your local print shop and have them print it on card stock for you. Every great mom deserve to know that they are the best!
There are many ways you can D.I.Y. with washi tape. From making wall decals to sprucing up your gift favor packaging to decorating cake pop sticks, the possibilities are endless. Here is an easy tutorial on how to make easy & adorable cupcake toppers.
- Baker’s Twine (or any cotton string will work)
- 4 Toothpicks (or two short wooden BBQ skewers)
- Washi tape colors of choice – We used our Summer Collection in this tutorial.
- Glue (not needed if using BBQ skewers instead of toothpicks)
- Take your twine and cut off a piece of about 3 inches long (or as long as you’d like)
- Use your scissors to cut a piece of tape 1-1.5 inches long and fold over twine. Make sure the twine is in the middle of the tape
- Repeat with the other styles of tape. Make as many or little flags as you’d like
- Glue the toothpicks together to create 2 longer toothpicks (skip if you are using BBQ skewers)
- Cut out a triangle with the point away from the twine to create a pennant flag.
- Repeat with other flags
- Once you have all the flags cut, tie each end of the strings to the top of the toothpicks or BBQ skewers
- Cut off excess twine.
Now you have unique cupcake toppers to complement your delicious cupcakes!
- Before cutting your washi tape into triangle flags, draw them out with a pencil. This will help prevent making the wrong cut.
- Use strong glue such as wood glue or hot glue (be careful!) to adhere the toothpicks to each other.
- You can use this tutorial to create a pennant flag cake topper. Just use a longer piece of string, standard sized BBQ skewers, and create more flags!
- Coordinate your pennant flag colors with our cupcake wrappers.
These days you can find cupcakes in a variety of hip and trendy flavors such as green tea cupcakes, champagne cupcakes, and caramel mocha cupcakes. However, sometimes you get hit pretty hard by the wind of nostalgia and long for cupcakes featuring some of your favorite childhood treats. Take a look below at some of our most cherished flavors!
1. Lemon Meringue – tart and bursting with flavor, lemon meringue is a treasured classic. Turn it into a cupcake with a few of the right ingredients – lemon zest and lemon curd (made of egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, a heaping portion of sugar, and butter). Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla flavoring into your batter and set your cupcakes to bake. Once done and cooled, spread a generous dose of lemon curd onto the cupcake and top it off with fresh frosting. Dress them in your favorite yellow cupcake wrappers!
2. Peanut butter sandwiches – with jelly, banana, and everything in between – it doesn’t get much more nostalgic than that. However, combine peanut butter with cupcakes (another childhood favorite of course!) and there you have a heavenly pair. The trick to getting peanut butter cupcakes right is to make sure they are not dense, dry, or lacking in peanut butter flavor. Add together equal amounts of creamy peanut butter and brown sugar for a deliciously moist cupcake. Then top with dark chocolate frosting and dressed in exotic Moroccan cupcake wrappers!
3. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes – Soft vanilla bean cupcakes frosted with sweet strawberry buttercream and topped with fresh strawberries is perfect to honor an old-fashioned classic. Perfect for Mother’s Day! We love cherry blossom cupcake wrappers or fuchsia filigree cupcake wrappers as the perfect compliment to these strawberry treats.
Be sure to check out our Pinterest board for more ideas!
As we near the end of March, we can’t but help look forward to the spring season ahead. The frost is melting, the birds chirping, and the season’s first flower buds appear to bloom. It’s also the best time to take advantage of seasonal fruits like lemons, strawberries, apricots, cherries, and oranges. Enjoy fruits while they are in season to take advantage of maximum color and taste! Below we’ve put together a few of our favorite springtime cupcake ideas as it’s time to bid adieu to winter and welcome in spring in all its glory!
1. Lemon Cupcakes
Lemons peak from winter through late spring so now is the time to take advantage of a fresh burst of citrus flavor. Use a vanilla cake batter as your base and once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, make a hole in the center to fill with fresh lemon curd (a soft, think and velvety cream) that is at once both tart and sweet. You can make your own lemon curd using eggs, butter, sugar, and fresh lemon juice and lemon zest or go with store-bought curd – either is perfectly fine. Top these cupcakes with a lemon-flavored whipped cream. Use heavy whipping cream flavored with either lemon zest or lemon curd. Finally, dress them up in your favorite yellow polka cupcake wrappers or yellow chevron cupcake wrappers.
2. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
There’s no better time of year to indulge in this spring favorite! Soft vanilla bean cupcakes frosted with sweet strawberry buttercream and topped with fresh strawberries showcase a favorite spring berry in all its glory. Perfect for Easter or Mother’s Day! We love cherry blossom cupcake wrappers or fuchsia filigree cupcake wrappers as the perfect compliment to these strawberry treats.
3. Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes
Here’s an excellent way to combine two fresh spring fruits together into one delicious cupcake. Combine all the dry ingredients for a white flour cake and add half a cup of fresh blueberries (for a yield of 24 cupcakes). This will infuse the sweetly tart flavor of blueberries into a regular plain white cake. White cake works best with blueberries as it is mild in flavor. Then top it with lemon cream cheese frosting for a scrumptious bite (this also works well with pancakes).
Tell us about your favorite springtime baking ideas – we’d love to hear from you!
Happy Friday everyone! We’re closing out the week with lots of glitz and glam with one of our favorites – glitter cupcake wrappers!
Here are a few reasons why we just can’t get enough when it comes to glitter wrappers:
1. Looking to take your event or dessert table to the next level? When it comes to “wow” events, adding these glam cupcake wrappers will do just the trick! They’re bold, eye-catching, and sure to leave a memorable impact on your guests. Nothing says glam event like sparkle in bold colors.
2. They also work just as well at more low-key celebrations. Whether a children’s birthday party, bridal shower, baby shower, or practically any gathering, platinum glitter cupcake wrappers fit perfectly into any theme. If you prefer your glam in smaller doses or want to shine a light on the dessert table, your cupcakes are sure to stand out with these wrappers.
3. Platinum glitter cupcake wrappers are REUSABLE. Yup, you heard right. One of the reasons this wrapper is among our favorites is its reusability factor. And because glitter wrappers are easy to dress up or down, you can use them over and over again for any type of event! The special coating around these cupcake wrappers allow for multiple use. We can’t wait to use them for St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day….the possibilities are endless!
5. Let’s face it – your cupcakes deserve to be the center of attention. It’s likely you’ve spent time and effort baking your cupcakes (or you spent time and effort into driving to your local bakery to buy your cupcakes, which is perfectly fine too!). The results of your hard work deserve to be noticed and dressed up in their finest!
Check out some of our other favorite cupcake wrappers on our Pinterest board!
St. Patrick’s Day, one of our favorite holidays, is just around the corner and now is the perfect time to plan the festivities.
Because food plays a integral part of any celebration, it’s the first item party planners look to tackle. With its strong Irish roots, St. Patrick’s Day is perfect time to feature Irish fare such as corned beef and cabbage or alternatively go with a “green” menu filled with items such as spinach, asparagus, or kale. Of course, once the main meal is done, you’ll want to treat everyone to an array of cupcakes whipped up in honor of St. Patrick’s Day! Here are a few of our favorite (all very different) ideas:
1. Pistachio pudding cupcakes – make these delectable treats with pistachio pudding mix for a mild flavor that will also add a subtle pastel green color to your cupcakes. Top with cream cheese frosting mixed with optional green food coloring and kiwi green cupcake wrappers, and you’re set!
2. Creme de Menthe cupcakes – just a few tablespoons of white or green creme de menthe added to chocolate cupcakes will do the trick. Creme de menth is a mint flavored liqueur, so be sure to keep this batch of cupcakes away from the kids! Dress them with festive green filigree cupcake wrappers!
3. Green velvet cupcakes – people love red velvet cupcakes, but why not offer them a twist on a trusted favorite? Follow the recipe for traditional red velvet cupcakes and add green food coloring for a St. Patrick’s Day surprise! These cupcakes deserve their very own platinum glitter cupcake wrappers.
4. Green tea cupcakes – tea lovers, rejoice! Here is a special St.Patrick’s Day cupcake made just for you. Add a few tablespoons of green tea powder (matcha) to the batter and frosting for a scrumptious bite. Finish off with green polka dot cupcake wrappers for the final touch!
Love St. Patrick’s Day? Let us know how you plan to celebrate!