When it comes to baking and exploring the kitchen, we all know how fun it is to taste test new ingredients. We love experimenting with spices, fruits and strange components. Our kitchen turns into a science factory when we add all sorts of strange, interesting ingredients. These are some of the weirdest cupcake ingredients ever found in cupcake recipes that we simply can’t get over:
- Okra Cupcakes with Fennel Frosting: Okra definitely falls on the bottom of our favorite vegetables list but these okra cupcakes are really popular. Would you try them? Hide the ingredient with fun cupcake wrappers if you plan to serve them to your kids!
- Chocolate Caramel Potato Chip Cupcakes: That’s right, potato chip cupcakes. You won’t have any trouble getting your kids to try these cupcakes! Salty and sweet.
- Mango Chile Powder Cupcakes: For those with a saucy palate, serve up these mango-chile powder cupcakes for your guests who love spicy and sweet.
- Baked Bean and Tomato Cupcakes: What a creative way to get protein and vegetables!
- Garlic Cupcakes: If you’re fending off vampires and evil spirits these garlic cupcakes are the trick.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs Cupcakes: Not a meat eater? Now you can get your fix for ‘meatballs’ with these spaghetti and meatballs cupcakes. They playfully serve up dinner and dessert, all in one!
- Chocolate Curry Cupcakes: Curry isn’t just for Indian food. These chocolate curry cupcakes incorporate vegan ingredients and are great for get-togethers and healthy alternatives.
Any of these fun delicious cupcakes can be decorated with colorful cupcake wrappers. In fact, we recommend it if you plan to introduce ‘yucky’ ingredients into your kid’s menu. These cupcakes would be great with orange cupcake wrappers or bright color cupcake wrappers. If you’re testing ingredients that might be bold or strong, try using mini cupcake wrappers to serve small portions. What do you think about these cupcake ideas; would you try any of these for your next party?